As we look to the future of our company – and its place in the world of technology and innovation – we need a broad mix of perspectives, skills and ideas to be successful. Walking the halls of any building or facility at AT&T, you’ll notice something: the people are diverse. Here, every voice matters. From our executives to our retail employees, everyone’s differences are embraced, valued and vital to our business.
This is a primary reason why AT&T ranked Number 1 on the DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity List. We couldn’t be prouder. It’s an honor to be listed alongside so many other amazing companies making the call for diversity.
“We are a richly diverse and multifaceted group of people. We are thousands of individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations, nationalities, generations and experiences,” said Corey Anthony, SVP & Chief Diversity Officer. “And we have been recognized for celebrating these things, receiving high honors for our continued work in hiring, retaining and promoting women, minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ and veterans.”
Taking Steps Forward
Striving for diversity and inclusion is a core part of our values. We still have a long way to go, and we’re thankful for the organizations that recognize our ongoing efforts. To name a few:
- 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
- Scored 100% on Corporate Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) for the 15th year in a row, 2019
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Advancement (HACE) named AT&T as their Corporate Champion of the Year, 2019
- Working Mother’s Best Companies for Multicultural Women list for 2019
- 2019 Military Friendly Company – Military Times
- Black Enterprise’s 50 Best Companies for Diversity list in 2018
- 2018 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity – Fortune
- Top 50 Employer for 2018, Women Engineer magazine
- Top 20 Employee Resource Group of the Year (HACEMOS) for 2018 – LATINA Style magazine
- 2018 Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion – Disability Equality Index
- 2018 Top Companies for Executive Women – National Association of Female Executives
- 2018 Top 50 Workplaces in STEM for Native Americans – Winds of Change Magazine
- 2018 Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality – Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Walking the Talk
Over 100 years of connecting people through technology depend on us putting our best foot forward. How do we do that? By hiring the best talent and supporting them as they grow personally and professionally.
Our Employee Groups open the doors to relationship building, professional development and community service. Over 140,000 active members are making a difference within these groups and have volunteered over 318,000 hours in 2018. Our employee groups represent the diverse dimensions of our workforce, and each group is open to both employees who identify with that community and their allies.
HACEMOS, one of our ERGs that supports Hispanic/Latino employees, engages with local communities through events like Annual High Technology Day to open new career opportunities for students. LEAGUE, our LGBTQ+ ERG, strengthened their commitment in recent years with increased focus in awareness, advocacy and networking opportunities. These are just some of the ERGs we work with each day, others include:
Every year, for over 10 years, members from our ERGs gather and celebrate their achievements at our annual ERG conference. Attendees have the opportunity to go to leadership workshops, participate in fireside chats, network with employees from across the country and interact with company leaders. Check out our previous conferences:Learn More