In 2015, we were proud to achieve our goal of hiring 10,000 veterans as part of our 2013 commitment with the Veteran Jobs Mission. Soon after, we took on a larger commitment to hire 20,000 veterans and veteran family members by 2020. We’re proud to announce we have reached that goal ahead of schedule – thanks to the help of our veteran employees and the communities they serve. As a founding member of the Veteran Jobs Mission, rest assured, we’re not planning on stopping the momentum anytime soon.
Why veterans are the perfect fit
It’s simple: veterans bring a set of skills that can’t be found anywhere else. Self-discipline, communication and leadership are just a few of the traits veterans can use to find success in a civilian role. However, that doesn’t mean transitioning from their service is always easy. When searching for jobs after the military, a veteran has to consider plenty of questions, not least among them including:
- Where can they best apply their skills?
- Will they feel like they ‘fit’ in the workplace?
- What are their long-term career goals?
Transitioning into civilian jobs after the military
Our veteran community provides various resources for military service members who are looking to get their foot in the door.
- A transition timeline helps job seekers stay grounded on the next steps they should take to find the right jobs after the military.
- Veteran job advisor sessions allow applicants to connect with our employees who have served and been in their shoes.
- We’re working with organizations including NPower and Udacity to help veterans discover how their military learnings can apply to a technology career. Cybersecurity, systems engineering, and FirstNet are just a few examples of where veterans can go with AT&T.
The community itself also acts as a vital resource. Our AT&T Veterans Employee Resource Group works hard to help our military service members stay connected. Whether they’re looking for mentorship or opportunities to pay it forward, veterans can tap into a deep well of resources no matter where they are in their careers.
Check out what some of our veteran employees say about their career transition with AT&T.
Talking to someone who understands where I’m coming from is amazing. I don’t take it for granted.
learn more about finding jobs after the military
Everyone I met at AT&T has been extremely helpful along my journey and truly wants me to succeed.