In 2015, we were proud to achieve our goal of hiring 10,000 veterans as part of our 2013 commitment with the Veteran Jobs Mission. Soon after, we took on a larger commitment to hire 20,000 veterans and veteran family members by 2020. We’re proud to announce we have reached that goal ahead of schedule – thanks to the help of our veteran employees and the communities they serve. As a founding member of the Veteran Jobs Mission, rest assured, we’re not planning on stopping the momentum anytime soon.
Why veterans are the perfect fit
It’s simple: veterans bring a set of skills that can’t be found anywhere else. Self-discipline, communication and leadership are just a few of the traits veterans can use to find success in a civilian role. However, that doesn’t mean transitioning from their service is always easy. When searching for jobs after the military, a veteran has to consider plenty of questions, not least among them including:
- Where can they best apply their skills?
- Will they feel like they ‘fit’ in the workplace?
- What are their long-term career goals?
Transitioning into civilian jobs after the military
Our veteran community provides various resources for military service members who are looking to get their foot in the door.
- A transition timeline helps job seekers stay grounded on the next steps they should take to find the right jobs after the military.
- Veteran job advisor sessions allow applicants to connect with our employees who have served and been in their shoes.
- We’re working with organizations including NPower and Udacity to help veterans discover how their military learnings can apply to a technology career. Cybersecurity, systems engineering, and FirstNet are just a few examples of where veterans can go with AT&T.
The community itself also acts as a vital resource. Our AT&T Veterans Employee Resource Group works hard to help our military service members stay connected. Whether they’re looking for mentorship or opportunities to pay it forward, veterans can tap into a deep well of resources no matter where they are in their careers.
Check out what some of our veteran employees say about their career transition with AT&T.
Talking to someone who understands where I’m coming from is amazing. I don’t take it for granted.
Everyone I met at AT&T has been extremely helpful along my journey and truly wants me to succeed.
learn more about finding jobs after the military
There are so many opportunities here that you can branch out and do anything.